- High School graduate or have GED Certificate. Associates degree with two to five years of related building construction and/or carpentry experience. Two to five years involved in estimating the cost of construction, heating and installation; or any equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Thorough knowledge of building construction heating, air conditioning, insulation and ventilation and skill and ability to accurately estimate the amount of materials and labor needed to bring a home up to minimum standards.
- Ability to perform and plan carpentry task necessary for the weatherization of homes including insulation of windows, doors, walls, ceilings and floors.
- Experience with installing energy measures including light bulbs, doors, CO detectors, attic installation, vents, caulking, sealing and weather stripping.
- Experience with air sealing and blowing insulation preferred.
- Ability to assign work, monitors activities, and provide effective leadership. Plus, knowledge of supervisory techniques and methods.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and the ability to follow oral or written instructions.
- Ability to lift over fifty (50) pounds. Must be comfortable working in tight spaces (attics, basements, crawlspaces).
- Must have valid Georgia Driver’s License and current automobile insurance.
View Full Posting