Nature and Scope: Under the supervision of the Center Manager, the Early Head Start Lead Teacher is ultimately responsible for the implementation of the day to day operation of educational services in coordination with other service areas. The Site Directors, with input from the Education Specialist, will be responsible for evaluating the job performance of the teaching staff on an annual basis. Minimum Requirements: • Must be 21 years of age. • GED or High School Diploma and must obtain CDA or AA in Early Childhood Education within two years of hire
• Experience with children from 0-5 years of age. • Excellent verbal/written communication skills. • Must submit to a criminal background check
• TB screening and a Physical must be submitted before working.
• Consistently implements developmentally appropriate practices that are • individualized, inclusive of children with disabilities, and age appropriate and • integrated across all areas of a child's development; i.e. cognitive (reasoning), • social, emotional, and physical. • Meets all job-related federal, state, local and program regulations and timelines for compliance, implementation and documentation. In particular meets performance standards, monitoring guidelines, licensure regulations, disabilities service requirements, and the completion of developmental assessments, parent conferences, and home visits. • Actively participates in teaching activities by consistently moving around the • learning environment both indoors and outdoors; sitting or stooping to communicate at the child's eye level; actively engaging in imaginative play, creative movement and songs; facilitating family style dining, and engaging the child in conversations that are interactive, supportive and stimulating. • Provides constant supervision of children during all activities (indoors & • outdoors) as well as during all times when children are under their direct care. • Re-directs inappropriate behaviors in a positive manner that is supportive and • non-punitive; utilizes discipline methods that do not include hitting, shoving, pinching, pushing, complete isolation, or language that is harmful and hurtful to the child. • Responds quickly to a child in distress or a crying child by immediately • calming them in a nurturing and appropriate manner.
Salary and Benefits
• All positions are full time non-exempt positions. Starting salary is $25,332-$32,000 annually.
• Regular full time employees are currently eligible for medical, dental and life insurance; paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Dr. Rhonda G. Kindred,
Clayton County Community Services Authority, Inc
404-363-0575 ext. 202
Click here to Apply online or send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org