- About Us
- Office Of Community Support
Nature and Scope: Under the supervision of the Center Manager, the Floater Position assists with the day to day operation of educational services for children ages birth to five.
• Must be 21 years of age.
• GED or High School Diploma
• Experience with children from 0-5 years of age.
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
• Must submit to a criminal background check
• TB screening and a Physical must be submitted before working.
• Assist with implementation of developmentally appropriate practices that are
• individualized, inclusive of children with disabilities, and age appropriate and
• integrated across all areas of a child's development; i.e. cognitive (reasoning),
• social, emotional, and physical.
• Actively participates in teaching activities by consistently moving around the
learning environment both indoors and outdoors; sitting or stooping to communicate at the child's eye level; actively engaging in imaginative play, creative movement and songs; facilitating family style dining, and engaging the child in conversations that are interactive, supportive and stimulating.
• Provides constant supervision of children during all activities (indoors &
outdoors) as well as during all times when children are under their direct care.
• Re-directs inappropriate behaviors in a positive manner that is supportive and
non-punitive; utilizes discipline methods that do not include hitting, shoving, pinching, pushing, complete isolation, or language that is harmful and hurtful to the child.
• Responds quickly to a child in distress or a crying child by immediately
calming them in a nurturing and appropriate manner.
Salary and Benefits
• All positions are full time non-exempt positions. Starting salary is $25,332 annually.
• Regular full time employees are currently eligible for medical, dental and life insurance; paid holidays and paid time off
Dr. Rhonda G. Kindred,
Clayton County Community Services Authority, Inc
404-363-0575 ext. 202
Click here to Aply